Title: Regional responses to the Covid-19 crisis: a comparative study from economic, policy, and institutional perspectives
Download PDF: Discussion Paper 18
- Graciela Schiliuk (ESM), Tullio Buccellato (ESM), Jens Lapointe-Rohde, Georgios Palaiodimos*
- Habib Attia – Arab Monetary Fund (AMF)
- Marthe Memoracion Hinojales, Catharine Kho - ASEAN+3 Macroeconomic Research Office (AMRO)
- Gennady Vasiliev, Tigran Kostanyan - Eurasian Fund for Stabilization and Development (EFSD)
- Alexandra de Carvalho, Benedetta Guerzoni - European Commission
- Carlos Giraldo, Iader Giraldo - Latin American Reserve Fund (FLAR)
*Note: Georgios Palaiodimos contributed to this paper when employed at the ESM.
This study compares responses to the Covid-19 crisis across six regions covered by Regional Financing Arrangements (RFAs), outlining the pandemic’s economic impact, policy measures implemented by authorities to limit its economic damage, and the institutional actions by the RFAs to support members through the initial stages of the crisis. It is the result of a joint effort by RFA staff and underscores the institutions’ continuous efforts to cooperate closely through the sharing of crisis experiences.
The views expressed herein are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the ESM or the other institutions involved or their shareholders. No responsibility or liability is accepted by the ESM or the other institutions involved in relation to the accuracy or completeness of the information, including any data sets, presented in this paper.
Source: European Stability Mechanism | Discussion Paper Series | Volume 2021 no. 18 | November 2021 | 55 Pages
Copyright © European Stability Mechanism, 2021| All rights reserved. Any reproduction, publication and reprint in the form of a different publication, whether printed or produced electronically, in whole or in part, is permitted only with the explicit written authorisation of the European Stability Mechanism.