Martin Helme is the Minister of Finance of the Republic of Estonia as of 29 April 2019. He is a member of the Conservative People's Party of Estonia.
Martin Helme was born on 24 April 1976 in Tallinn; he is married and a father of five children. Helme joined the predecessor of the Conservative People's Party of Estonia in 2006; he is a Board Member.
Employment history and career
- From 2015 to 2019, he was a Member of the 13th Riigikogu; he was a Chairman of his faction.
- From 2009 to 2015, he was the Executive Director of publishing house Kunst.
- From 2008 to 2009, he was the project manager of SA Virumaa Muuseumid.
- From 2004 to 2007, he was an editor of international news at Delfi.
- Martin Helme graduated from the University of Tartu in 2000 with a degree in history.
Alternate Governor: Märten Ross